Because of its speed and ease of use millions of people prefer text messaging as their method of communication.
Now, text messages are becoming increasingly popular for tracking financial matters as well.
The new Text Banking service from Community Financial is so convenient. All it takes to sign up is a one-time visit to the mobile website, where as many as three cell phone numbers can be set up to send and receive short message service (SMS) texts.
From that point on, you will have the ability to text a variety of codes to the SMS number 860-20 in order to receive important information from their chosen account.
The text codes are as follows:
· “B” will allow you to check all account balances;
· “H” will allow you to view the five most recent transactions for all accounts;
· “H acct” will give you the 5 most recent transactions for an account (example: HS19 for checking);
· HELP will call Community Financial at (877) 937-2328;
· MENU will allow you to see a list of all available commands and;
· STOP will deactivate the SMS Text Banking program.
“It’s great for our members to be able to get a quick glance at their balances while they are out shopping. Seeing their current account information can help them make smart financial decisions on the go.” said Art Beard, Community Financial’s Vice President of Information Technology, who notes a major buzz surrounding the credit union’s various new mobile banking options.
Beard explains, “The system is of course not as comprehensive as the mobile website or our smartphone apps, but it allows an excellent option for members looking for speed and ease of use.”
To sign up and authorize your cell phones for the Text Banking system, you will need an eBanking ID and password. Simply visit here.
Please note, while there is no charge for SMS Test Banking, standard text message and data rates apply from your service provider.