Throughout the month of December, Community Financial will donate up to $40,000 to local nonprofit organizations that provide heat, food, shelter and clothing to low-income families.
The winter months can put an extra strain on some families, forcing them to choose between paying utilities and putting food on the table.
That’s why the Warming Hearts & Home program was created and why Community Financial remains dedicated to supporting the fight against cold and hunger in Michigan this winter. As a member of our community, you’re invited to participate in this year’s campaign by getting social with us!
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Like or share our Facebook posts – @Community Financial
- Like or retweet our posts on Twitter – @cfcreditunion #CFCUwarms
- Like our pictures on Instagram – @communityfinancial
Giving back to your community has never been easier! Each week in December we will make social media posts about the different organizations below. Each Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram interaction equals a $25 donation to help the following:
- Week one, December 4-10: Helps The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW) provide emergency energy assistance for individuals and families.
- Week two, December 11-17: Assists both Habitat for Humanity of Western Wayne County and Otsego County Habitat for Humanity in providing safe and adequate housing for those in need.
- Week three, December 18-24: Aids the Salvation Army’s “Coats for Kids” program.
- Week four, December 25-31: Helps stock the shelves at Gleaners Community Food Bank.
“Warming Hearts & Homes is an easy way for people to get involved and help others in their local communities. Each winter, local families are faced with challenges. Through this campaign, Community Financial is honored to help the community face the cold with heat for their homes, coats for their children, safe shelter and food.”
To learn more about the Warming Hearts & Homes Campaign visit www.cfcu.org/warms. Together we can make a difference in our communities this holiday season.